Working at The Song Room means sharing in our vision that all Australian school children deserve the chance to realise their full potential.
Music and arts programs form the core of our organisation as they’re proven to deliver greater learning and social outcomes. Together, our employees and volunteers are instrumental in changing the lives of Australian children through implementing these programs in disadvantaged communities.
If you’re interested in working at The Song Room and think you fit one of our roles below (as available), we’d love to hear from you!
“I have been working for The Song Room for three years and I find it to be incredibly rewarding. One of the joys of my day is getting to see children from all different backgrounds working together and breaking out of their shells in an arts enriched environment”Fleur Hockey, The Song Room, Leads Professional Development Program.
These core values set a strong foundation for the growth of our organisation.
Strategic Fundraising Manager | Full Time
The Song Room is currently seeking a Strategic Fundraising Manager to join our head office in Melbourne.
Reporting to the Director, Market Development, the role will require you to develop and deliver a diversified and growing income base with the support and guidance of one of Australia’s leading philanthropy specialists.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building a diversified pipeline for support
- Implementing strategies to develop ongoing funding relationships with major donors, charitable trusts, foundations and corporations
- Connecting donors to the work of The Song Room and subsequent social impact
- Facilitating and assisting other teams in innovative program development
- Contributing to an evidence base of research to support funding proposals
- Keeping up-to-date on fundraising/philanthropy best practice and key sector trends
- Providing timely analysis, reporting and advice to the Director, Market Development and key supporters
To apply for this role, please visit NGO recruitment here.
Child protection policy
As an organisation that works with children, The Song Room is committed to the protection of children. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including working with children checks.